Friday, May 29, 2015

Seamus 7th Birthday Letter

Dear Seamus,
I'm sitting here the night before your 7th birthday and trying to think of all of the things I want to say about you.  You are reading this over my shoulder as I type so I guess I should start there... you have become a phenomenal reader and an awesome all around student this year.  I really think putting you into your very own class allowed you to excel far more than if you had been placed with your sisters again.  You teacher Mrs Solinski is so proud of how far you have come this year and we are too.  You constantly come home telling us you got to "move your clip up" for good behavior.  Thank God you save all of your silliness for at home and behave while you're in the classroom!  You loved your Mad Science Forensics class that you took after school.  It looked like so much fun that I wish I could have been it it.  It was good for you to have something all of your own to tell us about though.  You took gymnastics lessons this year and did very well.  I can't believe how strong you are for such a little guy.  Speaking of that Seamus, don't be so worried about catching up to your sisters in size.  Your time will come and even though you are the smallest right now, you definitely make up for it in wit!  This year you tried Flag Football instead of soccer.  You did pretty well but don't seem to love it like you do hockey.  You started playing Roller Hockey at the New Rink after football was over and have improved so much that I can't believe it's the same boy out there when I watch you play.  At 7, you are already a way better skater than I will ever be.  Daddy and I are so proud of the smart, strong, silly, and sensitive boy you have become.  I know you miss Grandpa Murphy every day but I'm sure he is looking down on you and very proud of how you are growing as well.  You now weigh 47.5 pounds and are 3 feet 9 3/4 inches tall.  Keep being the best son we could ever ask for!

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

No comments: