Saturday, September 6, 2008

One week down




Pat and I actually survived the first week of school! Not sure how, but it happened. Grandpa survived too! I think he was just as happy about the weekend being here as we were. Maybe more! For those of you who may not know, my dad is babysitting for the triplets while we are at work. Thank God! I don't know what we would do without him. On Monday though, I get to take my first day off of the new school year. Katie and Seamus have an appointment at 8:30 to go see a neurosurgeon. Their pediatrician wants them to be seen by him first before they get measured for their helmets. I guess there's a slim chance that their head shape issues could be due to their skull plates fusing. Highly unlikely, but better safe than sorry. After they see the surgeon we should get their prescriptions for the helmets and then be able to make their appointment for measuring. From what I understand, it's a few week process so we are very anxious to get it all started. The sooner they are in the helmets the less time they will have to spend in them. I guess the older they get, the longer babies usually have to wear them. We're hoping for as little time as possible.
Physical therapy is going well. Our PT thinks that Seamus may be able to cut down to once a week soon. Katie still has some work to do though. Of all of the babies, she has the least amount of head control so we've been working with her quite a bit. She had the unfortunate honor of being on the bottom when they were still in the belly babies and she's still showing some of the effects of having to hold up her brother and sister for almost 8 months! She did get to be born first though so I guess it's not all bad. Here are some pictures from the last week. Seamus is being a Red Wings super fan and wearing his daddy's hat. Katie-L and Helena-R are hanging out together! The third picture is of me today holding all 3 babies L-R Seamus, Katie, and Helena.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are way too cute!! (Suzanne)